02 September 2013

Brugge Belgium

Travelled : 72km
Stay: Brugge - Aire €22.50, services €0.50c each( dumping, 5min water) N51.19654 E3.22664

Had an easy drive into Brugge from Ieper on the motorway. Found the Aire ok, but it is very expensive for what it is, but we needed to use the services and it is in very close proximity to the old centre.
We rode our bikes into town and appreciated the architecture and the atmosphere of the town with the canals through and around it along with the constant clip clop of the horse drawn carriages. All very touristy with prices to match but it was worth the stop. It was nice to have a chat to an Australian couple also staying in the Aire doing the same as us. 

















1 comment:

  1. I was in Brugge last year and really enjoyed the architecture. Your photos bought back lovely memories. I was looking at the photo of the house with the leadlight windows surrounded by water (i have a similar photo) when I saw a hand sticking up out of the water which startled me a bit, until I realised it was the hand of my cursor! It looked like someone who was drowning.

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear from you...leave us a message below.